Sunday, February 03, 2008

Cuts Like a Knife

Ah, bullet lists. I love them. Allow me to outline my life at the risk of boring my last few readers to a slow death.
  • Animal's surgery went smashingly. I'm not sure what kid I brought with me to the hospital. She was charming and pleasant beforehand, which is totally like her. I was warned by people with very docile children that coming out of anesthesia, sweet, quiet children can be angrier than a wet hornet. I was prepared for screaming, calling in of the special team with the multiple-strap jackets, spirit possession. She woke up with the recovery nurse, stuck her fingers in her own mouth and her hand down the angelic nurse's shirt, like she does with me. God bless this woman who moved her ID and jewelry out of the way and let Animal have at it. She came to me with no tears and within 10 minutes looked for her sippy cup. Within 45 minutes we were out the door. Shout out to Connecticut Children's Medical Center. The whole thing was seamless. Absolutely seamless. Sitting in the waiting room before we went in, looking around at very sick kids, kids that were obviously comfortable there because of frequent visits made me thank God that Animal is as healthy as she is. It broke my heart.

  • Okay, that huge paragraph was not bullet-worthy. It looks like my power point slides my students bitch about.

  • My husband and Animal both managed to avoid the puke flu I had. I, however, have continued to get sick for over a week now. I just ate lunch. We'll see how that goes.

  • I start my PhD exams this Wednesday. Think of me and my pregnancy brain. And child who doesn't sleep. And husband who has to deal with it all.

  • The man I interviewed with for the last open position I applied for is checking my references. He was on the phone with my advisor/boss for over 45 minutes. I have been hyperventilating ever since I found out.

  • My girl is getting so big. She was watching a cat out the window this morning with my husband and said "meow, come here." Brilliant, if I do say so myself. And, pretty to boot:

Back to work. So much to do, so little time. Please send me good organizational and compositional thoughts about 4:00 a.m. Wednesday night/Thursday morning as I'm scrambling to finish exam #1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home