Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fat Bottom Girls


There is a photo tag for baby bump shots going around. I have no idea if I'm doing this right or if you need to be invited or if the link will even work, so please forgive my blogging ignorance. I'm not too quick.
This was taken the day before I went into labor with my daughter. It is in the garden behind the Silas Deane House in Wethersfield, Connecticut. It was a gorgeous day and my husband had a few doctor appointments, so he had taken a rare day off. We had lunch on the cove and walked around downtown and fantasized what it might be like to not be poor poor poor and afford a house in a neighborhood like that. Or a neighborhood anywhere.
I can still smell the flowers when I see this photo. Good times.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You did this just perfect!! And I love this photo! So different from the traditional belly shot... and it's beautiful! I can almost smell those flowers, too...

Thanks so much for playing along!

Steph

9:27 AM  
Blogger jess said...

I love this picture!

You look very much like me - 'cept I'm not pregnant....

12:00 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Steph-Thanks so much! It's so much fun to read other people's blogs. Yours is one of my favorites. I noticed you like Ray LaMontagne-he is fabulous!!!!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Jess-OH COME ON!!!! You do not.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That's a beautiful picture, I love the scenery and you look so neat surrounded by nature's growth.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Thank you so much busybusymomma. It was a great place to be (both physically and emotionally) the day before it started.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THat is a gorgeous photo!! I had to blow it up to see your tummy! It was hidden in the bushes :)

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home