Tuesday, February 13, 2007

They Say It's Your Birthday

Happy birthday to my dearest dearest friend Jessica today. She and I are twins separated at birth. One a golden chocolate brown and the other a pale freckled redhead. We met under sort of odd circumstances and became immediate friends. We finish each others' thoughts, have the same dreams and nightmares, and share obsessions. We have traipsed all over the northeast together in search of BNL & Guster and gotten lost in all the wrong places, usually ending up in a small town outside of Boston. She is my daughter's favorite surrogate auntie and not much makes me sadder than the fact we are so far away from each other so she can't laugh at her niece's silliness along with me on a daily basis. I remarked to my husband this morning that it was her 3_th birthday and he said she didn't seem that age. She is young at heart in all the best ways. Youthful, snappy and sassy. I miss her. Good friends don't come easy, nor do ones that stick with you when you aren't in each others' faces all the time. I am lucky to have her. Do yourselves a favor today and hug a friend.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

Good Heavens! You're not supposed to make the birthday girl CRY for Pete's sake!

If I find you a job here, will you come home?

I love you, too.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

In a heartbeat.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home