Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year, New Mouth?


Okay, does this photo make me an abusive mother? How about if you are privy to the added tidbit that I think she's teething and I am torturing her while she's miserable? If she had more digit control, I am fairly certain she'd be flipping me off.
My New Year's resolution: lay off the truck-driver, foul language around Millie. No, let me amend that because that statement is an insult to truck drivers. Having grown up around all boys and never wanting to be left behind simply because of my girly parts, I adopted a dirty, dirty mouth at a shamefully tender age and I have never let it go. It's fun at parties and gets a unique reaction from people who mistakenly think I'm a churchmouse good girl, but I really need to reign it in. Did I spell reign right? Millie doesn't need to know her mother is filthy and I don't want a call three years from now from her pre-school teacher explaining that she's been removed from her class for repeatedly asking to use "the fucking bathroom." It's entirely possible. So, I will give it my best. Although, it's 5:59 on New Year's Day and I have already fucked it up, er, I mean blown it several times. Twenty-five year habits are hard to break. Wish me luck.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

When I showed the pic to Geoff, he immediately said, "Well, that's abusive."

But he's a fucking douche nozzle, so ignore him.

Oh, gee, does your mom read this?

11:05 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Haha-no one reads it but you. I haven't forwarded the link to anyone. The blog sort of turned into my diary rather than an open letter to my relatives. Is that bad?

8:28 PM  
Blogger jess said...

I have a link to it on my blog - so someone may be reading it - just not anyone you know....

10:09 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

A different jessica says...

Well, Babes in Blogland has linked to you, so now lots of people will be stopping by your blog. :) I know I did. Good luck on the swearing thing.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Thank you so much!!! What a gorgeous baby and mama:)

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the cutest baby in the world.

Kris Lammi?
Spring Garden College?

I've been looking for you.
I owe you a letter or 10.
(I put your name in Google, here I am...)

It's Psycho, Pam:
pamraines@mac.com

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home