Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sweet release.



So, after all that fuss about to binkie or not to binkie, she found her thumb this week. It doesn't always stay in the way she'd like, but it's getting there. Nice SIDS shot, eh? She has been turning over from her belly to her back for a few weeks now, but this past week she started occasionally flipping from her back to her tummy (I TOLD you she was advanced). She was on her stomach for some tummy time while Iain and I were trying to straighten out the Christmas tree in the stand. I heard silence, a change from her normal John McEnroe grunting during tummy time, and looked over to see her sacked out on her stomach with her thumb blissfully in her mouth. She slept like that for 2 1/2 hours. Unheard of without being held. That night she did it again on the play mat and slept for 3 hours. Of course, I was completely paranoid she'd die of SIDS on her tummy right in front of us. But not enough that I turned her over. Bad parent.

2 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

"Of course, I was completely paranoid she'd die of SIDS on her tummy right in front of us. But not enough that I turned her over. Bad parent."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I think she's beyond the need to worry TOO much about SIDS. She's a big girl, and obviously strong as an ox, so don't stress.

So perhaps her sleeping issues have had to do with her being on her back (I had the same issues, and still do). What about her side? Can you try one of those bolster dealies?

10:01 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

At night, she sidles up next to me, flips on her side and attempts to crawl into my armpit. I actually think she's trying to turn over on her tummy, but I thwart the efforts with my unfailing wall of a body.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home