Friday, March 23, 2007

These Boots are Made for Walking


Not so much for walking, but sloshing through the mud, actually. Thank you for inviting me to the photo tag, Stephanie. I am sorry it's so late. I am not sure where the last week went.
Anywho, this is an image of the shoes I couldn't live without. The pair of wellies on the left are mine. They are sitting on the sweet grass outside my favorite place on the planet, my husband's family's house in Nova Scotia. They are essential for a place where the precipitation comes in all forms-downpours that make you hold onto your hat, sprinkles that kiss your sunburned face, fog that hangs in the air and clings to your hair. A place where interaction with water is a way of life. Fishing. Sailing. Mossing.
A place where the people took me in like I was one of their own. A place that threw us a surprise wedding reception after a blessing of our vows in their church. A place where I want my daughter to know and love and jump up and down in her seat as we approach, like I used to in Maine with my parents and grandparents. I can't wait to introduce her to the life where wellies are an essential.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

This was great! I am so glad you were able to post something!!

Steph

7:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a cool shot. It was seriously the other day that I was at Target and saw some rainboots. And LAMENTED that we don't get enough precipitation to justify buying them!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home