Sunday, December 30, 2007

Home for the Holidays

Just a quick one. Is there anything else to my posts lately? I think not. Merry belated Christmas, by the way. I hope it was jolly for all. Tuesday is New Year's Day. I'd love to wax on prophetically about the past year and my hopes for the year to come, but that's another post. For sometime when I can stay awake past 7:15 and am not suffocated by the amount of schoolwork I have. Wah, wah, wah. Poor me.
The holiday was just dandy. I thought it was nice to see some of my family and things went well while they were here. My favorite aunt came down for a bit, and she's my husband's favorite, so that helped. My husband had some issues with the way things went, as always, so the holiday didn't end on a particularly happy note for anyone but Animal, who loved her new Elmo DVDs, which she is obsessed with, and trucks, which makes her my girl. If I were to share the whole ugly story, it would be baring unpleasant things about the people I love the most, so I'll spare everyone, especially them, the horror. Suffice to say, it won't go down in the top 10 Christmas list in my life. But, it could have been worse. I have a tremendous husband and family and fantastic friends, a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food in my family's mouths, a minimal but present paycheck for part of the year, four functioning limbs, a somewhat functioning brain, and, last but certainly not least, a healthy & smart daughter and another baby on the way. I have NO right complaining. But somehow I still do. Someone needs to slap me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Damselfly said...

The holidays are so loaded; it's tough. Don't beat yourself up over it. ;)

3:50 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Thank you:)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home