Thursday, October 04, 2007

Cry

Okay, there is something wrong with me. The granddaughter of the woman living downstairs from me was just dropped off by her parents who apparently had to go somewhere. She's about 5 or 6 I would say. Cute as a button. As they got in the car, she started sobbing. SOBBING. S.O.B.B.I.N.G. That hitching, pathetic, full-bodied cry. And I am bothered by it. Really bothered by it. I can't stand to hear Millie cry (although I am getting better at not paying attention to the big fat faker cries)-it physically makes me ill to hear her cry if there's something truly wrong. The cry from the kid downstairs is giving me the same reaction. That's not right, is it?

On a happier note, did anyone catch "Pushing Daisies" last night on ABC? It was very quirky and visually stunning. Much like a Tim Burton flick. Bizzaro characters. Bright, contrasting colors. Unique camera angles. Fun. We'll see. Again, different concept and hopefully they'll be able to sustain the plot.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup. saw pushing daisies. and you would think, working with the dead in a freaking morgue and having big fish be my favorite movie I would have liked it, right?

but I didn't!!!

but yes, visually stunning!!!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I have my doubts regarding its stamina. The guy really creeped me out. I loved Big Fish, too. Ewan McGregor, sigh. I'm a sucker for the visual. What Dreams May Come got tanked by the critics, but I was glued to my seat because of the look of it.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ewan is quite a sight, I agree. :)

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home